This project is continuing to make great strides. We secured financing, finalized the building design, hired the construction crew and broke ground last year!
Did you know as Wheatlands residents you will get a family membership to the YMCA recreation center? We can’t wait for the indoor pool, fitness studios, teaching kitchen and classes that will be offered for our community.
To follow along with the construction of our new recreation center visit:
The Clubhouse interior is 90% completed with new paint, new floors, new light fixtures and new furniture! We are in the process of updating the interior sound system and finishing the final touches!
Covenant Updates and Reminders from AMI
If you would like to sign up for email correspondence for any Covenant related notices or Design review updates, please email email@example.com Make sure your email includes the following
* Your name(s) * Home address and mailing address if different * Main email address you would like to receive all communication * Any additional information you would like added to your account
-Please make sure to store Trash containers out of sight. -Please make sure any items are stored out of sight. -Please Shovel your walks and driveways for your safety and the safety of your neighbors.
Design Review Reminder
-Please remember to submit signed Notice of Completion, as well as color pictures of completed projects, once your approved project has been completed. -If you have Home improvements that you are planning to do in the Spring, now is the perfect time to start the approval process. That way when the warm weather hits you can go ahead and start those pre-approved projects in your yard and home.
Pool and Clubhouse Information
The board has been working hard with the YMCA to get some much needed work done at the pool and clubhouse. Below is an update on the improvements that are being made:
*Pool and Clubhouse sound system upgrade was approved at January’s board meeting
*New tables for the pool were approved at January’s board meeting
* Pool Heater replacement was approved and will be completed in the spring
* Pool Filter addition was approved and will be completed this spring
*Additional metal trash cans for the pool were approved at the last board meeting.
* The new dumpster enclosure is complete. This improvement allows us to store 2 dumpsters inside the enclosure and replaces the broken, old enclosure.
* Permanent shade structures at the pool were approved at the October meeting and are being ordered. These canopy structures will be bolt mounted into the cement. They will fit along the south side of the pool deck. American Awning and Patio Company has a lifetime hail warranty on the shades. The shades are also removable to be taken down in the winter or as needed.
* A Fabric shade has also been approved that will be weaved along the top of the pergola to provide additional shade around the pool.
* Staining of the pool and clubhouse pergolas has been completed
* The Parking lot needs to have row painting and crack filling completed. This will prevent further damage and a more costly fix later. This improvement was approved at the October meeting. We recognize several residents use the clubhouse to park during school pick up and drop off. We will partner and communicate with Pine Ridge to when the parking lot closure will occur. We will also send a communication when we have the date scheduled. Thanks for your patience with this fix.
Items that are in the process of getting approval for 2020 include:
*Homeowners are responsible for sidewalks and driveways
Waste Management Company
In addition to family activities at Southshore, the YMCA runs programs that benefit the entire Aurora Community.
Youth in Government
Join youth from throughout the state at our premier model government program. High school aged students will write and debate bills, argue state supreme court cases or take part in our press and lobbyist programs. The only group with access to the state Capitol building in this capacity. Click here to find out more!
Reach & Rise Mentoring
What is Reach and Rise?
Reach and Rise is a free group mentoring program of the YMCA, established to provide young people in our community with positive and peer relationships.
2 adult mentors are matched with a group of 6 youth
The group will meet once a week for 2 hours.
The program cycle runs for 8 weeks during the summer and 16 weeks during the fall and spring.
Mentors are meant to serve as role models, friends, and confidants. They’re another source of support for your child. They are not meant to take the role of a parent, babysitter, or financier.