Dear Wheatlands Residents, our pool is scheduled to open on June 15th and we’re excited to be back together again. As you plan your trip to the pool, please take note of our new processes and policies. The health and safety of our residents and staff are our top priority. All of the changes to your pool experience have been designed with your safety in mind and in compliance of Tri-County Health requirements.
● FAMILY SWIM RESERVATION – the link to the sign-up genius is HERE
and also located under the pool section of our website at www.wheatlandsmetro.org
● LAP SWIM RESERVATION – to sign up for Lap swim click HERE
– Lap swim is for those who are going to be swimming laps, adults, swim team members etc. 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult. 2 per lane at opposite ends unless you are family members. You can sign up for two spots per week.
● You must make a reservation in order to visit the pool.
● We are opening the reservations from June 15- August 9.
● We are allowing each family to sign up for two time slots for now. We ask that you try
and reserve your spot sooner rather than later so we can have the slots filled each
day. With 1100 homes in Wheatlands we are trying to anticipate how many families
will sign up and give everyone an opportunity to visit the pool this summer.
● In July, we will evaluate the time slots and if we have available slots we will open the
sign-up genius to allow families to sign up for more than two slots.
● We ask if you are unable to attend that you cancel your reservation so other residents
may attend. You should not tell a neighbor or friend to take your spot. You need to
remove your spot in the system as we need to keep track of attendance for tracing
● The pool hours look different this year and we are pleased to announce we have
extended the hours to allow for adult lap swim in the morning.
○ 8:00-9:30 Adult Lap Swim
■ 9:30-10:00 Clean
○ 10:00-11:30 Open Swim
■ 11:30-12:00 Clean
○ 12:00-1:30 Open Swim
■ 1:30-2:00 Clean
○ 2:00-3:30 Open Swim
■ 3:30-4:00 Clean
○ 4:00-5:30 Open Swim
■ 5:30-6:00 Clean
○ 6:00-7:30 Open Swim
■ 7:30-8:00 Clean / Close Down
● Pool capacity is limited to 50 people at the pool at one time. The pool deck will be
divided into 10 sections each located 6 feet apart from each other. Although 50 people
are allowed on the pool deck; only 25 people are allowed in the deeper pool at a time
and 16 people in the zero depth entry pool. We acknowledge this will be a challenge to
share the pool and appreciate your neighborly attitude and looking out for each other as
we comply with the health department’s guidelines.
● Due to the limits on attendance we will have a no guest policy so you must be a resident of Wheatlands to enjoy the pool. In addition, we will not have summer camps or swimteam at the pool this year.
Entering The Pool
● To speed up the entry into the pool, please have your sign up confirmation ready to show the guard at the gate. Complete the COVID-19 Pool Waiver located on our website or click here
keep your email that shows it was completed as you will be asked to present the email to the lifeguards at check in.
● All residents who enter the pool will need to bring their activated pool fob and a copy
of the completed COVID19 waiver.
● To activate your Pool Fob complete the 2020 pool waiver and follow the instructions
● Please follow the lifeguards instruction and maintain social distance as you wait to
enter the pool.
● Come in at the gate by the playground
What to Bring
● Please bring your own chairs and towels to the pool. Due to the time to clean furniture,
no pool furniture will be provided however each section will have an umbrella or shade
● Pool toys and floats are allowed, however it is recommended by the health department
that they are not shared.
● Food and drink are welcome and please dispose of your trash in the provided trash
cans. The snack shack will be closed.
● We will have marked each section of the pool deck and ask that your family maintain
physical distance from others at the pool. It is your responsibility to ensure you stay 6
feet away both in the pool and outside the pool. The lifeguards are responsible for the
aquatic safety of our residents and to prevent drowning. Please help them and follow
the rules so we can have an enjoyable and safe summer at the pool.
● We will have set traffic patterns for entering and exiting the pool deck.
● The restrooms will be open however the lockers will remain closed.
Exiting the Pool
● We ask when your time is up at the pool you gather your belongings and leave quickly
to allow cleaning to take place and the lifeguards to begin to check in for the next
group of residents.
● Exit through the side by wheatlands parkway
● Please join us in welcoming Hannah Krafels who is our Aquatic Coordinator from the
YMCA who will help us maintain and manage the pool this summer. Thank you
Hannah! If you have any questions or comments regarding the lifeguard staff or the
pool management please reach out to Hannah. She is here to help and you can email
● The lifeguards are here for you! They want to ensure we have a safe and fun swim
environment. Please have patience as these procedures are new to the lifeguards
and they are doing their best to serve our community.
Thank you for being great neighbors and helping us make the pool a fun and safe place this summer!