Please note that the Park Field will be under construction during the Spring/Summer of 2022. The pavilion is still available to rent and the playground area will be accessible. To view the plan for Phase II of our park click here.
The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit. – Suzy Kassem
The Wheatlands Community Park is located at 6171 S Wheatlands Parkway, Aurora CO 80016.
Rules and Regulations
Your cooperation in following the rules and regulations will help keep your park facilities cleaner, safer and in the best possible condition. Violators are subject to eviction from the park. Please notify the Aurora Police Department at 303-627-3100 if you witness damage, vandalism, or unusual behavior in the park.
- Be Bold
- Have Fun! Park Hours are from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Restroom is open from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Be Kind
- Park areas are on a “first come, first serve” basis, unless you have a reservation.
- Amplified sound is not allowed, unless authorized by the District.
- Use of artificial lighting, other than those permanently installed in the park, is prohibited unless authorized by the District.
- Be Responsible
- Supervise children at all times.
- Pick up and dispose of litter.
- Pets must be leashed and under physical control at all times. Pet waste must be picked up and disposed.
- Sales and commercial activities are prohibited, unless authorized by the District.
- No posting of any notices, letters, or signs (permanent or temporary).
- Do not attach anything to trees or structures.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and rollerblades are only allowed on sidewalks and designated trails.
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed within the park.
- Removal or damage to any District property is prohibited.
- Be Safe
- No explosives, fireworks, or model rockets.
- Golfing, archery or discharge of any firearm is prohibited.
- Fires and charcoal are allowed in grills and designated areas only. Extinguish all charcoals and dispose of them properly before leaving.
- No glass bottles or glass containers.
To rent one of our Park Shelters:
- View the calendar above for shelter availability.
- Then complete the online park reservation form to reserve the shelter.
Click here to view the Park Reservation and Permit Policy.
For any questions you can contact the YMCA at (720) 274-5759 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The large main shelter is equipped with 6 rectangular tables and 2 outdoor charcoal grills. Seating at each table can hold 6-8 people comfortably. The shelter has an electrical outlet located on the south west corner. It is equipped with lights at night. It is located adjacent to the restroom and the playground. The restroom has a flush toilet with running water. The restroom has a drinking fountain and water bottle filling station located on the outside. The shelter is first come first serve unless it is reserved. If reserved, shelter reservations are reflected on the box located on the side of the shelter.
The small shelter is equipped with 3 rectangular tables. It is adjacent to a big open field, the playground and the bathroom. The shelter is first come, come first serve unless reserved. If reserved shelter reservations appear on the box located on the side of the shelter.
Sports Team Permits
Download the Wheatlands Field Reservation form for Youth Sports Team Practices, and Sports Field Release Waiver and Indemnification
*PLEASE NOTE THE PARK FIELD WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION. IF YOU WANT TO RENT THE FIELD BY THE WHEATLANDS CLUBHOUSE PLEASE USE THE FIELD RESERVATION FORM AND WRITE IN CLUBHOUSE FIELD. THANK YOU.*
Bounce House Rentals
The District owns a bounce house that residents can rent out for a fee. Please see the attached bounce house rental agreement to rent the bounce house for your next gathering at the park.
Yard Game Rentals
The District has purchased several yard games for our residents to rent out, free of charge. To rent the games, please complete the Yard Game Rental Form.