Wheatlands Community Park
The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit. – Suzy Kassem
The Wheatlands Community Park is located at 6171 S Wheatlands Parkway, Aurora CO 80016.
Rules and Regulations
Your cooperation in following the rules and regulations will help keep your park facilities cleaner, safer and in the best possible condition. Violators are subject to eviction from the park. Please notify the Aurora Police Department at 303-627-3100 if you witness damage, vandalism, or unusual behavior in the park.
- Be Bold
- Have Fun! Park Hours are from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Restroom is open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Be Kind
- Park areas are on a “first come, first serve” basis, unless you have a reservation.
- Amplified sound is not allowed, unless authorized by the District.
- Use of artificial lighting, other than those permanently installed in the park, is prohibited unless authorized by the District.
- Be Responsible
- Supervise children at all times.
- Pick up and dispose of litter.
- Pets must be leashed and under physical control at all times. Pet waste must be picked up and disposed.
- Sales and commercial activities are prohibited, unless authorized by the District.
- No posting of any notices, letters, or signs (permanent or temporary).
- Do not attach anything to trees or structures.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and rollerblades are only allowed on sidewalks and designated trails.
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed within the park.
- Removal or damage to any District property is prohibited.
- Be Safe
- No explosives, fireworks, or model rockets.
- Golfing, archery or discharge of any firearm is prohibited.
- Fires and charcoal are allowed in grills and designated areas only. Extinguish all charcoals and dispose of them properly before leaving.
- No glass bottles or glass containers.
Reserve a Shelter
The Wheatlands Community Park has 2 shelters available for reservation. Download the Application and Permit for Park Reservations to reserve a shelter for your next event. Click here to view the Park Reservation and Permit Policy.
Sports Team Permits
Click here to download the Application for Use Permit for Sports Fields for Youth Sports Team Practices, and Sports Field Release Waiver and Indemnification