We are seeing an increase in the number of motor vehicle thefts and motor vehicle trespasses in our community. Please be sure to report all suspicious activity to the Aurora Police Department (303-627-3100/911). “If you see something, say something.”
Tips to Help Prevent Motor Vehicle Theft and Motor Vehicle Trespasses:
1. NEVER leave your vehicle running unattended in your driveway, garage, or on the street – if you use a remote start you may do so however be sure doors are locked and key/key fobs are in a safe place away from the vehicle.
2. ALWAYS keep your vehicle doors locked, when driving and parked.
3. Park in your garage. If you must park outside, park in a well-lit location.
4. Do not keep a spare set of keys in the vehicle.
5. Do not store firearms or other weapons in the vehicle.
6. Do not “advertise” what’s in your vehicle. Remove all items each time you depart the vehicle and do not leave anything visible.
7. Avoid leaving documents with your address in the glove box.
8. Purchase comprehensive insurance which covers stolen vehicles.
9. Use a theft deterrent system such as “The Club” or an alarm system.
Are you interested in volunteering as an Area Coordinator for Neighborhood Watch in the community of Wheatlands or setting up a Neighborhood Watch meeting (virtually)? If you would like to learn more about Neighborhood Watch please contact Jennifer Dubrow at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you are a Facebook user you can join Neighborhood Watch Information – Aurora CO
(this covers all of Aurora, not just the Wheatlands). More information on Neighborhood Watch can be found at: https://www.nnw.org/.