Design Review Process
Are you planning on making some home improvements or updates to your landscaping? Or are you someone who needs to repaint or replace your roof?
As some of us have experienced, if we wait too long it can be hard to find a painter,
landscaper or construction firm that isn’t already booked out for months. Now is the perfect time to plan the work you want to do on your home or yard and meet with contractors. Once your plans are finalized and you have a time frame for the work, submitting your application and supporting documents to the Design Review Committee is the next step.
Follow these few simple steps.
1. Go to http://www.wheatlandsmetro.org/covenants/
2. Fill out the Design Application
3. Submit your application via email to [email protected] or by mailing it to:
Wheatlands Metro District
P.O. Box 370750
Denver, CO 80237
4. Remember to include with your application submittal:
1. Site Plan showing lot dimensions; outline of home and garage with setbacks; names and positions of adjacent streets; dimensions of improvement (height, width, depth), with setbacks to all boundaries; and an indication of North.
2. Visual(s) of improvement such as drawing, photo, brochure/ad, paint swatch (es), material samples, etc.
3. Building Plans, if the improvement is a new or modified building/structure.
4. A copy of your Plot Plan
To get a Plot plan for Aurora
1. Click on link: https://www.auroragov.org/city_hall/maps/property_information
2. Type in Address top left corner of map (It will auto generate, HIT ENTER
3. Property will show satellite image, SCROLL DOWN TO “MY PROPERTY” IN PURPLE
4. Click on MY PROPERTY
5. Scroll down to Public Document Search at bottom
6. Click on Documents with this address
7. Scroll down until you find the most recent PLOT PLAN – Permit from Residential Master: Single-Family Detached Plot Plan Approved
8. Click on VIEW
9. Save to File
Please feel free to email any Design Review questions to [email protected] or by calling 303-351-5411
PLEASE NOTE: It is the Owners obligation to check with the Town/County/City and obtain a building permit if it is required for the improvement. Any damage resulting from owner installed improvements to common areas or Association maintained landscaping or structures is the responsibility of the Owner. Any cost associated with repairing damage, discoloration or water leaks resulting from owner installed improvements or penetrations to Association maintained structures, shall be the responsibility of the Owner.