This month’s newsletter contains: Story Time with Santa information, Covenant Reminders, Community Park update and more….
December 2018 Newsletter
Saturday, December 15th
@ the Wheatlands Clubhouse
Come enjoy hayrides, snacks, hot cocoa and a story with Santa!
(event is sponsored by Jennifer Cronk w/ 1320 HOMES powered by KW & Tammy Welsh with Osgood Team Real Estate)
- Be sure to get your yards cleaned up- Leaves, crab apples, pruning shrubs and ornamental grasses, as well as clearing out any perennials
- Trash cans are being left out in view. To avoid a notice or fine please bring in your trash can within 24 hours after trash pick up
- Home Maintenance- Check for damage to shutters, house numbers, chipping fading paint, broken.
- Winter Shoveling- Make sure driveways and sidewalks are clear.
KIDS NIGHT OUT
Friday, December 7th
6-10 pm at the Lakehouse
Movie: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
NEXT BOARD MEETING
Wednesday, December 5th
6-10 pm @ the Clubhouse
The community park at Wheatlands Parkway and South Jamestown Way is continuing to make progress.
The final set is complete and the park plans will be sent our for bid in December!
For more images and details of the park please
Wheatlands Community Directory
EMERGENCY (POLICE & FIRE)
Non-Emergency – Police
Irrigation 24 hour service
CLUBHOUSE & POOL INFORMATION
720-870-9297, 720-870-2221 (Operated by the YMCA)
Water & Sewer Service
AURORA CITY GOVERNMENT
Police Representative – Officer Cassell 303-627-3172
Public Works Department 303-739-7300
SNOW REMOVAL (Streets) or STREET DAMAGE
City of Aurora 303-326-8200
SNOW REMOVAL (District Property)
YMCA and Coxlandscaping
*Homeowners are responsible for sidewalks and driveways
Waste Management Company
Kids Night Out at The Lakehouse
Kids will have game
s and crafts with dinner provided, and will get to watch a movie in our movie theater. Parents can relax with the night off. $15 for 1st child $10 for additional children. 6:00 pm-10:00 pm. Please register by Wednesday prior to event. Register on the YMCA website. Call 720-870-2221 with any questions.
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
New Programs at the YMCA Youth Center at Southlands Shopping Center
Come check out some of our new programs offered at the YMCA Youth Center!
(For more information on any of these programs please call the youth center at 720.274.5759
MIDDLE SCHOOL DROP IN NIGHTS:
Our Teen Center comes with a pool table, foosball, Nintendo Wii and X Box and many different craft opportu-nities and games, there is never a dull moment. Cost Free; any themed nights will cost $4
DROP ‘N SHOP:
Southlands Shopping Center and the Aurora YMCA is here to help you! Drop the kids off at the YMCA Teen Center where Kids can participate in activities and crafts as you indulge yourself with everything Southlands has to offer! Please provide a small snack for your child. Open Mondays and Wednes-days10am-1pm, Thursday’s 5-8pm. Ages: Potty trained – 10 years. Fee: $7 per child.
Develop Leadership Skills
Youth-led community service pro-jects
Bi-monthly meetings – Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:00pm at Southlands Teen Center
Warm Up Wednesday
Planned weekly activities to get some movement and exercise for kids ages potty trained-10 yrs old.
YOUTH IN GOVERNMENT:
Three-day, intensive, state wide, mock-government program
Hands on Experience
Teachers curriculum support
Full Access to Colorado State
In addition to family activities at Southshore, the YMCA runs programs that benefit the entire Aurora Community.
Spring sports registration is now open! For more info:
A new program for the Aurora Family YMCA. Youth 11-18 can join at no cost to plan and take part in Saturday service opportunities. Please attend our Wednesday meetings or contact Shai Baca for more information. sbaca
Join youth from throughout the state at our premier model government program. High school aged students will write and debate bills, argue state supreme court cases or take part in our press and lobbyist programs. The only group with access to the state Capitol building in this capacity.
Click here to find out more!
Reach & Rise Mentoring
What is Reach and Rise?
- Reach and Rise is a free group mentoring program of the YMCA, established to provide young people in our community with positive and peer relationships.
- 2 adult mentors are matched with a group of 6 youth
- The group will meet once a week for 2 hours.
- The program cycle runs for 8 weeks during the summer and 16 weeks during the fall and spring.
- Mentors are meant to serve as role models, friends, and confidants. They’re another source of support for your child. They are not meant to take the role of a parent, babysitter, or financier.
For more information contact:
Southlands Shopping Center Events
Southlands Cub Club is for children ages 3 to 10. Members get special discounts at Southlands retailers and YMCA programs, monthly events, a club newsletter and during your child’s birth month, they receive a special birthday surprise. Joining is easy.
to enroll, then come to the Southlands Management Office during business hours to pick up your child’s membership card and welcome goodie bag. Cub Club Registration is also available at every Southlands Event throughout the year.
Next Cub Club Event:
When: Thursday, Decembers 20th
Where: The YMCA Youth Center
Wheatlands Metropolitan District
Next Board Meeting: Wednesday, December 5th at 6:00 pm
Do you know the covenants related to trash can storage?
Below are the covenants that will help keep our neighborhood looking nice:
- Trash containers may be placed on the street for pickup after 5:00 p.m. on the evening prior to the day that such trash is to be picked up. Trash containers must be properly stored the evening of pickup.
- Approval is required for any trash or garbage enclosure.
- Refuse, garbage, trash, lumber, grass, shrub or tree clippings, plant waste, compost, metal, bulk materials, scrap, refuse or debris of any kind may not be kept, stored or allowed to accumulate on any lot except in sanitary containers or approved enclosures.
- No garbage or trash cans or receptacles shall be maintained in an exposed or unsightly manner. All garbage or trash cans or receptacles shall be stored out of site (except that a container for such materials may be placed outside at such times as may be necessary to permit garbage or trash pickup.)
For a full list of covenants click here.
For the 2018 Waste Management Calendar click here.
We are thankful for each of our neighbors and appreciate everyone who lives in Wheatlands. Thank you for making our neighborhood a wonderful place to live.
Snow Removal Responsibilities
The Wheatlands Metropolitan District follows the City of Aurora code enforcement for the removal of snow on driveways and sidewalks. Snow and ice must be removed with 24 hours after a snowfall ends, and 48 hours after a snow emergency is declared by the City.
Click below to read the full City of Aurora’s snow removal code:
Thank you for being a responsible home owner!
Wheatlands November Newsletter
This month’s newsletter contains a Community Park Update, Waste Management Reminders, Snow Removal Requirements and much more…