Renovations on the Clubhouse will begin this month. New interior paint and new flooring are to be completed by January 15th. Then all the new furniture will be moved in and completed by the end of January
The Wheatlands Metropolitan Board held their annual budget hearing on November 14th, 2019.
At this meeting, the board voted to approve the 2020 annual budget. The board will be reducing the mil levy by 7 mils for next year.
This thoughtful decision will allow the board to lower the taxes in the community while still being able to meet our debt obligations.
This budget will also allow us to move forward with phase 2 of the park and complete several capital improvement projects regarding the clubhouse and pool.
The year end communication wrapping up 2019 and looking forward to 2020 will be sent out mid month.
Covenant Updates and Reminders from AMI
If you would like to sign up for email correspondence for any Covenant related notices or Design review updates, please email [email protected] Make sure your email includes the following
* Your name(s) * Home address and mailing address if different * Main email address you would like to receive all communication * Any additional information you would like added to your account
-Please remember all Lights and Decorations need to be down 30 days from the end of the holiday. -Please make sure to store Trash containers out of sight. -Please make sure any items are stored out of sight. -Please Shovel your walks and driveways for your safety and the safety of your neighbors.
Design Review Reminder
-Please remember to submit signed Notice of Completion, as well as color pictures of completed projects, once your approved project has been completed. -If you have Home improvements that you are planning to do in the Spring, now is the perfect time to start the approval process. That way when the warm weather hits you can go ahead and start those pre-approved projects in your yard and home.
Pool and Clubhouse Information
The board has been working hard with the YMCA to get some much needed work done at the pool and clubhouse. Below is an update on the improvements that are being made:
* Pool Heater replacement was approved at the last board meeting.
* Pool Filter addition was approved at the last board meeting.
*Additional metal trash cans for the pool were approved at the last board meeting.
* The new dumpster enclosure is complete. This improvement allows us to store 2 dumpsters inside the enclosure and replaces the broken, old enclosure.
* Permanent shade structures at the pool were approved at the October meeting and are being ordered. These canopy structures will be bolt mounted into the cement. They will fit along the south side of the pool deck. American Awning and Patio Company has a lifetime hail warranty on the shades. The shades are also removable to be taken down in the winter or as needed.
* A Fabric shade has also been approved that will be weaved along the top of the pergola to provide additional shade around the pool.
* Staining of the pool and clubhouse pergolas were approved at the October meeting and is being scheduled.
* The District has hired an interior designer to revamp our clubhouse and give the space a fresh look with new furniture and updated decor her plans have been approved. New floors and furniture along with a budget for the interior designer was approved in the last board meeting.
* The Parking lot needs to have row painting and crack filling completed. This will prevent further damage and a more costly fix later. This improvement was approved at the October meeting. We recognize several residents use the clubhouse to park during school pick up and drop off. We will partner and communicate with Pine Ridge to when the parking lot closure will occur. We will also send a communication when we have the date scheduled. Thanks for your patience with this fix.
Items that are in the process of getting approval for 2020 include: * Pool sound system upgrade * Clubhouse sound system upgrade * Remodel of the pool bathrooms * New tables and furniture at the pool.
*Homeowners are responsible for sidewalks and driveways
Waste Management Company
In addition to family activities at Southshore, the YMCA runs programs that benefit the entire Aurora Community.
Youth in Government
Join youth from throughout the state at our premier model government program. High school aged students will write and debate bills, argue state supreme court cases or take part in our press and lobbyist programs. The only group with access to the state Capitol building in this capacity. Click here to find out more!
Reach & Rise Mentoring
What is Reach and Rise?
Reach and Rise is a free group mentoring program of the YMCA, established to provide young people in our community with positive and peer relationships.
2 adult mentors are matched with a group of 6 youth
The group will meet once a week for 2 hours.
The program cycle runs for 8 weeks during the summer and 16 weeks during the fall and spring.
Mentors are meant to serve as role models, friends, and confidants. They’re another source of support for your child. They are not meant to take the role of a parent, babysitter, or financier.
Thank you to everyone who came out to enjoy our Stories with Santa event this weekend. The Wheatlands Metropolitan District is happy we are able to host this event with the YMCA each year. Thank you to Jennifer Cronk w/1320 Homes for providing the hot chocolate and donuts. We hope you had a wonderful time!
Santa will be in town for pictures and story time. Bring your camera and capture your little ones on Santa’s lap. Enjoy a cup of cocoa or some snacks as you meet your neighbors. Horse drawn carriage rides will be provided; stay cozy and create memories as you get a carriage ride around the neighborhood.
Event Hosted by: Wheatlands Metro District and the YMCA
Thank you to our sponsor:
Jennifer Cronk w/ 1320 HOMES powered by KW for providing the hot chocolate and snacks