Join Your Neighbors For This Fun Winter Event! Santa will be in town for pictures and story time. Bring your camera and capture your little ones on Santa’s lap. Enjoy a cup of cocoa or a holiday snack as you meet your neighbors. Horse drawn carriage rides will be provided; stay cozy and create memories as you get a carriage ride around the neighborhood.
The Wheatlands Metropolitan Board held their annual budget hearing on November 14th, 2019.
At this meeting, the board voted to approve the 2020 annual budget. The board will be reducing the mil levy by 7 mils for next year.
This thoughtful decision will allow the board to lower the taxes in the community while still being able to meet our debt obligations.
This budget will also allow us to move forward with phase 2 of the park and complete several capital improvement projects regarding the clubhouse and pool.
Covenant Updates and Reminders from AMI
-Please make sure to store Trash containers out of sight.
-Please make sure any items are stored out of sight.
-Please Shovel your walks and driveways for your safety and the safety of your neighbors.
Design Review Reminder
-Please remember to submit signed Notice of Completion, as well as color pictures of completed projects, once your approved project has been completed.
-If you have Home improvements that you are planning to do in the Spring, now is the perfect time to start the approval process. That way when the warm weather hits you can go ahead and start those pre-approved projects in your yard and home.
The board has been working hard with the YMCA to get some much needed work done at the pool and clubhouse. Below is an update on the improvements that are being made:
* Pool Heater replacement was approved at the last board meeting.
* Pool Filter addition was approved at the last board meeting.
*Additional metal trash cans for the pool were approved at the last board meeting.
* The new dumpster enclosure is complete. This improvement allows us to store 2 dumpsters inside the enclosure and replaces the broken, old enclosure.
* Permanent shade structures at the pool were approved at the October meeting and are being ordered. These canopy structures will be bolt mounted into the cement. They will fit along the south side of the pool deck. American Awning and Patio Company has a lifetime hail warranty on the shades. The shades are also removable to be taken down in the winter or as needed.
* A Fabric shade has also been approved that will be weaved along the top of the pergola to provide additional shade around the pool.
* Staining of the pool and clubhouse pergolas were approved at the October meeting and is being scheduled.
* The District has hired an interior designer to revamp our clubhouse and give the space a fresh look with new furniture and updated decor her plans have been approved. New floors and furniture along with a budget for the interior designer was approved in the last board meeting.
* The Parking lot needs to have row painting and crack filling completed. This will prevent further damage and a more costly fix later. This improvement was approved at the October meeting. We recognize several residents use the clubhouse to park during school pick up and drop off. We will partner and communicate with Pine Ridge to when the parking lot closure will occur. We will also send a communication when we have the date scheduled. Thanks for your patience with this fix.
Items that are in the process of getting approval for 2020 include: * Pool sound system upgrade * Clubhouse sound system upgrade * Remodel of the pool bathrooms * New tables and furniture at the pool.
*Homeowners are responsible for sidewalks and driveways
Waste Management Company
In addition to family activities at Southshore, the YMCA runs programs that benefit the entire Aurora Community.
Youth in Government
Join youth from throughout the state at our premier model government program. High school aged students will write and debate bills, argue state supreme court cases or take part in our press and lobbyist programs. The only group with access to the state Capitol building in this capacity. Click here to find out more!
Reach & Rise Mentoring
What is Reach and Rise?
Reach and Rise is a free group mentoring program of the YMCA, established to provide young people in our community with positive and peer relationships.
2 adult mentors are matched with a group of 6 youth
The group will meet once a week for 2 hours.
The program cycle runs for 8 weeks during the summer and 16 weeks during the fall and spring.
Mentors are meant to serve as role models, friends, and confidants. They’re another source of support for your child. They are not meant to take the role of a parent, babysitter, or financier.
It was a chilly day, and we want to thank everyone who came out and braved the cold to be with us on this exciting and important milestone in the project.
We had several speakers at the ceremony, representing the YMCA and the Wheatlands Park and Recreation Authority, share what the project means to them and the community. We want to thank Kimberly Armitage, Vice President of Strategic Growth and Membership for the YMCA of Metro Denver, Sue Glass, President and CEO of the Denver YMCA, Kathy Barela Board Member of the Wheatlands Park and Recreation Authority and Craig Wagner, Advisory board member of the Aurora Family YMCA for speaking at the event.
Please join us in recognizing the following members of the YMCA Advisory Board…. Adrian Frank Greg Shields Jim Bickford Krista Simonson Michael Giles Richard Turnquist Robert Jamieson Susan Davis Stephen Brunston Mary Beth Brunston
YMCA Staff Members… Kimberly Armitage Lori Walker
We’d also like to thank these key contributors to the project: Country Commissioner Jeff Baker Friend of the Y, Debbie Ford and Brian Curd
Representing the project funder, Mutual of Omaha, Rebecca Kuhle and Matt Hanson Architect Keith Hayes and the Team at BRS Architecture Our General Contractor, the Team at Adolfson & Peterson construction
Members of the Wheatlands Park and Recreation Authority… Kathy Barela Polly Martin
Rotary members… Rick Richard Ken Hostetler
And investors… Larry & Jeannie Pisciotta Craig & Angel Wagner
We celebrate the vision, advocacy, and commitment of everyone that attended and has worked behind the scenes to make this project a reality. We thank everyone who helped bring us to where we are today.
Please join us for the official groundbreaking of the
Aurora Family YMCA at Wheatlands
November 20, 3 pm
6100 S Kewaunee Way
Aurora, CO 80016
Come learn about the project, enjoy refreshments, and celebrate this good news
for the Aurora community
We look forward to being your YMCA!
About the YMCA of Metro Denver:
The YMCA of Metro Denver is one of the city’s leading non-profits, uniting people, families and seniors in programs and services that improve health, nurture children and uplift communities.
With multiple wellness centers throughout Southwest Denver, Downtown, University Hills, Arvada and Littleton, along with program centers at schools, community HOAs and partner sites, the Denver YMCA is embedded in communities, bringing health and well-being to all and creating places where people thrive and reach their fullest potential.
We serve more than 68,000 members, volunteers and program participants every year across the metro area. The Denver Y is also part of a nationwide network of 2,700 YMCA organizations.
For more than 140 years, we have been committed to helping our community be a better place for all by meeting some of our greatest needs. The YMCA is instrumental in:
• Improving education readiness and school achievement
• Strengthening and stabilizing families
• Reducing senior isolation
• Helping people understand, prevent and treat health issues
• Contributing to the health of our entire community
With a commitment to welcoming all, the Denver YMCA awards more than $1 million in financial aid every year for YMCA membership, programs and services.
The Wheatlands Metropolitan District created a survey to get your feedback on various items pertaining to the community. We want to hear from you! If you would like to participate in the survey please go to the following link: