Erin Posey with The Moxie Group at West + Main Homes
(Come visit with your neighbors and pick out your own free kit of springtime bulbs to celebrate the new season)
Saturday, March 28th
Wheatlands Parking lot
(this is a free event sponsored by
Tammy Welsh realtor/Wheatlands Resident and Michelle the Mortgage Lady)
Save the Date
Saturday, April 4th
10am-12pm @ the Clubhouse
Wheatlands Recreation Center Project
This project is continuing to make great strides. We secured financing, finalized the building design, hired the construction crew and broke ground last year!
Did you know as Wheatlands residents you will get a family membership to the YMCA recreation center? We can’t wait for the indoor pool, fitness studios, teaching kitchen and classes that will be offered for our community.
To follow along with the construction of our new recreation center visit:
If you would like to sign up for email correspondence for any Covenant related notices or Design review updates, please email [email protected] Make sure your email includes the following
* Your name(s) * Home address and mailing address if different * Main email address you would like to receive all communication * Any additional information you would like added to your account
Now is a great time to get your approvals for any spring and summer work around your home. All exterior paint changes require covenant approval unless you are touching up your home in the existing color. Reach out to AMI with any questions. It is better to get approval then receive a violation
-Please remember to submit signed Notice of Completion, as well as color pictures of completed projects, once your approved project has been completed.
Pool and Clubhouse Information
The board has been working hard with the YMCA to get some much needed work done at the pool and clubhouse. Below is an update on the improvements that are being made:
*Pool and Clubhouse sound system upgrade was approved at January’s board meeting and is scheduled to be completed in March.
*New tables for the pool have been ordered.
* Pool Heater replacement has been completed.
* Pool Filter addition has been completed.
*Additional metal trash cans for the pool were approved at the last board meeting and will be installed this month.
* Permanent shade structures parts have been ordered. These canopy structures will be bolt mounted into the cement. They will fit along the south side of the pool deck. American Awning and Patio Company has a lifetime hail warranty on the shades. The shades are also removable to be taken down in the winter or as needed. This work will be completed this spring.
* A Fabric shade has also been approved that will be weaved along the top of the pergola to provide additional shade around the pool.
* The Parking lot needs to have row painting and crack filling completed. This will prevent further damage and a more costly fix later. This improvement was approved at the October meeting. We recognize several residents use the clubhouse to park during school pick up and drop off. We will partner and communicate with Pine Ridge to when the parking lot closure will occur. We will also send a communication when we have the date scheduled. Thanks for your patience with this fix.
* upgrading the lighting of the pool bathrooms was approved at the February Board meeting. Lights will be replaced with brighter, longer lasting LED lights.
Pool Season Update
Its never to early to get online and sign the 2020 pool waiver. This is as simple as going to the following link and filling it out! If you don’t have a key but need one you can go to the lakehouse and fill out the paper work and get one.
Office hours :
Monday-Saturday 9-1 Monday – Thursday 4-8 pm.
27151 E Lakeview Dr Aurora Co 80016
New this year. The Wheatlands pool will have a dedicated Aquatic Coordinator this season to help the pool run more smoothly and stay on top of maintenance issues.
The board has also approved adult swim during breaks and has extended the pool hours into September.
*Homeowners are responsible for sidewalks and driveways
Waste Management Company
Summer Camp Registration
YMCA Summer Camp registration at Wheatlands is now open. For more information or to register please click here
In addition to family activities at Southshore, the YMCA runs programs that benefit the entire Aurora Community.
Youth in Government
Join youth from throughout the state at our premier model government program. High school aged students will write and debate bills, argue state supreme court cases or take part in our press and lobbyist programs. The only group with access to the state Capitol building in this capacity. Click here to find out more!
Reach & Rise Mentoring
What is Reach and Rise?
Reach and Rise is a free group mentoring program of the YMCA, established to provide young people in our community with positive and peer relationships.
2 adult mentors are matched with a group of 6 youth
The group will meet once a week for 2 hours.
The program cycle runs for 8 weeks during the summer and 16 weeks during the fall and spring.
Mentors are meant to serve as role models, friends, and confidants. They’re another source of support for your child. They are not meant to take the role of a parent, babysitter, or financier.
Residents, It’s that time of year and we would like to remind you that the district is not responsible for the clearing of the roads/streets. The roads are the responsibility of the City of Aurora. For more detailed information please visit this LINK
The link below will also take you to a map that shows our area and what roads are to be plowed and their priority level. Click Here for the map.