Monthly Archives: August 2019
August Park Update
The park is transforming! With the formation of the climbing wall and the sculptures being brought onsite you can begin to see the vision and how amazing this playground will be for our community.
August Park Update:
- ID Sculpture is on-site and forming the climbing wall and insects.
- The climbing wall features an ant hill, tree roots and an earthworm to challenge kids as they grow to climb up each different section.
- The insects (pictured above) will be placed inside the park with the spider web at the top level of the climbing wall. The spider will attach to a spider web climber.
- The drainage system in the playground area has been installed.
- The forms are up for the boulder footings and they will be poured.
- Goodland has completed rough grading the site.
- The shelter columns and seat walls were poured.
- The boulders are set in place and are ready for review.
- Goodland has begun pouring the playground curb.
- They are hoping to complete the flatwork at the top of the playground then begin work on the lower portions of the playground.
- Goodland has begun work on the sign at the corner of the park.
- Colorado Hardscapes will be available late August.
- All the play equipment has been manufactured and is being stored until ready for installation.
- The shelter is being built offsite and is nearing completion and should be ready to ship within a week or two.
- The playground curb along the northeast portion of the lower playground has been poured.
- All the lighting equipment has arrived.
- The water connection to the restroom has been completed.
Although we have hit a few delays along the way the quality of work being done is fantastic. It is really starting to come together and we appreciate the communities support of this project.
August Food Truck Event
Come join your neighbors for some delicious food this Wednesday, August 14, 2019. Food trucks will be offered every month during the summer from June – September at the Wheatlands Clubhouse from 6-8 pm.
Event Time: 6-8 pm
2019 Food Truck Dates:
Wednesday June 12, 2019*
Wednesday July 10, 2019
Wednesday August 14, 2019*
Wednesday September 11, 2019*
Food Trucks include: WeChef, Madly Sugared, Kona Ice and Freddy’s Cuisine
For a taste of what type of food will be offered at the event check out WeChef’s menu here:http://www.wechefkitchen.com
*Complimentary Beer, Wine and Music provided by Wade Christianson.https://www.wadechristianson.com/
We wish all the families in the neighborhood a wonderful school year! Since our lifeguards will also be back at school, our pool hours switch to Swim at Your Own Risk during the week day.
August 12 – September 2:
Monday – Friday Swim at your Own Risk from 10AM – 4PM; Lifeguards on Duty from 4 – 8PM and on duty Saturday and Sunday 10AM – 8PM
For more information regarding the pool please see here.
Southlands Wine Walk
Power Line Work
A helicopter will be used for installation of the new power lines west of Wheatlands. This helicopter will be low flying and be used starting today, August 6th until Friday August 9th. The flights will be between 7am and ending at 4pm this week. For more information please visit www.excelenergy.com/pawneedaniels
August Ice Cream Social
Join your neighbors for a FREE Summer Treat!
Come stop by for the last Ice cream social of the season. It will be held from 2-4pm at the Wheatlands Clubhouse. We hope to see you there!
Event Time: 2-4pm
Sunday August 11
Thank you to the YMCA for hosting the Ice Cream Socials and Wade Christianson https://www.wadechristianson.com/ for sponsoring them.